Monday, September 6, 2010

So much testing. So many improvements.

Where to begin.  Version 1.1.2 was kind of embarrassing.  I've learned that unless you've thoroughly tested it yourself, then it shouldn't be considered ready for the world to see.

I spent nearly 12 hours of wandering around my hometown of Hoboken, NJ using the Checkin Assistant and have set it up to do about a dozen real world check-ins for me and it is working quite well.  If you're having a problem with it on your device please email support@checkinassistant.com.

So what has been changed?

  • Added Notifications for all check-ins
  • Added tab to Search for venues
  • Moved Settings to a menu
  • Decrease database usage
  • Improved location handling
Notice the big red star in the notification bar, this indicates a check-in was done for you.  These photos show the result of me searching for a pizza place.  (Yes I'm still working on my Pizzaiolo badge.)






    2 comments:

    1. Still getting "Checkin Assistant cannot connect to FourSquare. Please try again later." Droid 1/Android2.2 frg22 CheckinAssistant 1.2.0

      ReplyDelete
    2. it is a bit hard to use qr reader when viewing from one's mobile.

      ReplyDelete