Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A free version of Checkin Assistant? Yup!

I call this an experiment in business models.  Currently both the Free and $0.99 versions are IDENTICAL.  You might say, "That's not smart why would I pay a dollar for something I can get for free?" 

I'm not a published economist so I shall refer you to a collection of articles from people that are experts:  http://www.techdirt.com/index.php?edition=entrepreneurs

Simply put, if you like the app and want the newest features spend the dollar and you'll get updates sooner and more often.  I'd anticipate releases for the paid version will come every other week but the free version may be monthly or less.

Thanks and happy foursquaring!
Let me know what you think on http://twitter.com/checkinasst or here in the comments.

Will

6 comments:

  1. Is it possible to remove the 5 minute minimum stay for selected favorite location ? I have some highwaylocations that i just pass. Would be great, thnx !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter, I will lower the minimum time between checkins in future releases of the paid version of Checkin Assistant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea Luke! The marketplace has been desperate for something other than Autosquare. Nice UI, I'm excited to see where this goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i cant find it in the app store...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great app!

    Could you introduce a (customizable (preferably per location)) option for minimum number of minutes at location before we're checked in.

    Also, maybe a likewise customizable option for minimum number of minutes away from location (out of range) before next re-check in.

    ReplyDelete